Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kuching Talk 3 : Santubong - Sarawak Cultural Village and Damai Puri Resort and Spa


20/09/2009, 1st day of Hari Raya,

“To visit Santubong ?"

That morning, I keep asking myself on the above question during breakfast time when I was having dim sum at Jalan Padungan, Chinatown area. (oh.. so miss the dim sum located at Jalan Ipoh and Sri petaling.)

The way of Restaurant in Kuching serve the dim sum quite difference if compared with peninsular. Well, I was sitting there, as what we usually do in peninsular, we just waiting for them to carry various dim sum or dishes from table to table for us to choose. But, Kuching is somehow different.

“Can you please bring some dim sum over here ?” I asked the girl when she come to get order for drinks.

“Sorry, you need to go to the food stalls there and select ?” she answered me.

“Huh..?” I look at her, still a bit uncertain.

“Yes, just over there” She said. “After you have selected the dim sum, we will send it over to your table.”

“Ok”. I walked over there and did some selection of dim sum that display on the stalls.



I have decided to drive to Santubong after the breakfast.

With the map drawn by Goh and road side signs that show “Damai / Santubong”, I have a very safe drive until Santubong. It took 45 minutes drive from Kuching, or around 30km distance from Kuching.

I drove direct toward to Damai Puri Resort and Spa. Damai beach is Kiching’s nearest public beach. There is a small section of beach which is free to use by the public. Goh has told me the beach at Damai has nice sand but the water is not particularly clear. “East coast of peninsular shall be much better.” Goh said.

I do agreed with him. However, the Damai Puri Resort have very nice hard and soft landscaping works. The pool, Spa, the beach, the benches and umbrella make it an ideal place to stay in for relaxing. My friend, wong has confirmed to visit kuching on October, may suggest him to stay here for his holiday.



Next destination is Sarawak Cultural Village, just 5 minutes walk from Damai Puri Resort. Entrance fees, RM60.00 for adult.


As described by it’s brochure … Sarawak Cultural Village is Living Museum with a difference and a world class cultural paradise. The finest “living mussem” in Southest Asia. Sarawak Cultural Village combines history, traditional, lifestyle and architecture with a dash of education and a portion of theatre, to create a unique multi-cultural extravaganza.

Seven unique traditional houses, scattered over a beautiful 17 acre site, give the prefect introduction to Sarawak, its people and its cultures.

After paying the entrance fees, I was given a “Passport” and my journey start from Bidayuh Longhouse.

1. Bidayuh Longhouse.


2. Iban Longhouse.



3. Orang Ulu Longhouse.


4. Penan Hut.


5. Melanau Tall House


6. Malay Town House


7. Chinese Farm House


It was a pleasant walk journey and I managed to collect all village stamps on the “Passport”. I left around 3.30pm and did not wait for the cultural dances which will start from 4.00pm to 4.45pm.

On the way back to Kuching, I have stopped at Kampung Buntal, 17km from kuching, due to the famous fresh seafood as told by Goh and highly recommended by SK as well. I entered Teo Seafood which located at riverside and ordered Prawn, Cuttlefish and vegetable for me alone.



This will be my second meals after the morning dim sum and I managed to finish all the great fresh seafood in Chinese style and it cost me RM 29.40 including rice and drink. Well, I need to rush back to BDC, Kuching for swimming session after the heavy seafood. LOL

0 comments:

Online Users

Visitors

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com