Friday, September 18, 2009

Kuching Talk 1 : Kuching, Kuching.....


Finally, I was here, Kuching. But, regardless how unhappy I was to be transferred here for works, i have to find my way to make myself able to suit the cultures and environment here.

Like today's lunch, I travel from site to kuching town, just to find nice foods to eat.


I was driving the above car and took about 10 minutes to reach some shoplots in kuching town, and I saw Tang's mother cafe (LOL), "Madam Tang's Cafe".


I decided to make a visit to Tang's mother. Such a nice cafe with some local foods and I have selected Sarawak Laksa and Kopi - O. The prices for Laksa is RM 4.50 and Kopi-O, RM 1.00 for small cup. The cost of living here is about similar to KL.


The foods here are generally acceptable. I will show some local foods in next blog, such as teh C (they call : 3 layers), tomato mee, kolo mee and etc.

Now, I have to stop typing as the time is almost 6.35pm. I have to left office soon. The cultures here is not like KL, local people usually finish works very early, say 5pm+ and the sky will turn dark after 6.30pm. I need to follow local life here and to stop works early as I told my boss few days ago ... hehe




1 comments:

Anthony Heng on September 19, 2009 at 1:52 AM said...

hi sam,
its great to hear u r able to catch up the life in sarawak.
just treat it like your vacation...

well, don forget to go to some nice resorts for a rest whenever the holidays are coming.

try this damai puri resort, around 20km away from Kuching town. it has nice and clean sandy beach.

enjoy... we all will miss u...

Anthony

Online Users

Visitors

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com